October 29, 2020
Let‘s sort things out together!
RIOLIS is your faithful guide to the world of needlework and creativity!
The autumn has just started, and we get asked over and over again: how to start your cross stitch journey and how to teach needlework your children.
Everyone needs some time to recharge, stay calm, do not think about daily issues and just enjoy their favorite hobby for a while, whether it‘s cross stitch, crochet, diamond mosaic or any other.
Here are some simple tips from RIOLIS:
- You should like the kit at the first sight. In case you are choosing a kit for your child, then it is necessary to consult with an aspiring stitcher as the freedom of choice is very important.
- To start with, put aside so liked Starry Night by van Gogh and instead stitch a small design up to 15 x 15 cm big. These designs can be stitched faster and finishing a piece will give you additional strength and confidence!
- It can be difficult to determine difficulty of the design, so pay attention to number of colors and what techniques are used. If the kit includes less than 10 colors, it is unlikely you will get lost among the needles, blends and French knots working on your first project.
- For absolute beginners who want to get used to holding a needle and a thread in their hands, kits in long stitch technique can help: their pattern is printed on canvas and the stitches are extremely easy.
- It is never too late to start your needlework journey and there are no embarrassing questions to which we cannot find answers to together.
What do you think about these tips? Please share with us your stories about your first crosses or how you helped your loved one to start cross stitching.